7 Facts of malnutrition and starvation:
- 1 in 10 Infants die within the first 12 months of life
- 1 in 5 children suffer from chronic malnutrition
- More than 12 cases a month of Marasmus or Kwashiorkor are seen in one clinic in Alexander
- 1 in 10 children suffers from severe malnutrition
- 50% of children have a calcium, iron and zinc deficiency
- 75% of South Africans, have inadequate access to food
- More than 1 in 5 children are physically stunted due to malnutrition.
You can Help Save Lives Donate here!!
Our vision is to feed all children that reside in any centre, whose circumstances place them on or below the poverty line. We need to provide food for the children & educate their caregivers on the preparation and necessity of good nutrition.
Watch our Video below and see what difference you can make in a childs life
Chronically Malnourished Children are 20 Percent Less Literate, says Save the Children Report
In the study, Save the Children sheds new light on how missing out on nutritious food can impact a child's cognitive development, and its far-reaching effects on economic growth.
Save the Children is the leading, independent organization that creates lasting change for children in need in the United States and around the world. Read their Press Release about how New Research Shines Spotlight on Far-Reaching Effects of Chronic Child Hunger Ahead of G8 Global Nutrition Summit
Food4Africa and OLA team up for change!
We are currently collaborating with OLA, a start-up that sells snapback hats. For every snapback hat that you purchase, a pound of rice will be donated to our cause to help children in Africa. Please support their cause by purchasing a GREY snapback hat on their indiegogo campaign linked below. Please also LIKE and SHARE their video, on the link provided, so the cause can be spread. Thanks for everyone's consistent support!